If you need to know how you fit into the UK tax system, then this is the page for you.
Links from this page will tell you about:
- How income tax works
- Tax and National Insurance for employed people
- PAYE tax codes, what they mean and how they work
- National Insurance and what happens if you have two or more jobs
- Tax and National Insurance for the self-employed
- paying income tax and National Insurance as a self-employed worker
- starting a new business
- filing a tax return
- Tax on pensions and savings
- Renting out property
- Coming to the UK and leaving the UK
- Working in construction
- Being a Carer
Follow the links on the right of the page to find the information you need. If you have a problem with your tax and need help to sort it out, then try the Taxpayers – where to get help with your tax section.