North West Tax Clinic
In partnership with Lancaster University and the University of Central Lancashire, TaxAid are now able to provide face to face support for people based in the North West who are on a low income and have a tax problem they have been unable to resolve with HMRC.
These meetings will be with students from the universities, supervised by qualified tax professionals.
They can assist you with:
- Completing your self-assessment tax returns
- Appealing against penalties for tax returns filed late
- Explaining your PAYE codes and assisting you to get them changed if they are incorrect
- Explaining tax calculations you have received from HMRC and appealing against these if they are incorrect
- Asking HMRC to cancel tax returns they have issued if you do not meet the requirements to complete a tax return
If you are in the North West, on a low income and need help with any of the above, call our helpline on 0300 222 5736 to book a telephone appointment. The helpline is open between 10am and 4pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
This helpline is to book appointments only, the volunteers staffing this helpline are unable to give advice over the phone.
If you need help outside of the hours this helpline is open, please visit our homepage.