PLEASE NOTE: The charity TaxAid advises only those people on low incomes whose problems cannot be resolved with HMRC.

Archive for March, 2015

24/03/15 Class 2 National Insurance – watch what you pay.

Class 2 National Insurance is changing. Self-employed people pay class 2 National Insurance, usually by monthly direct debit. Where profits are low it has been possible to apply for an exception certificate, so you don’t need to pay. From 6 April 2015, all this changes. Key points are: You no longer need to apply for […]